Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Birthday Weekend

We are still recovering from an exciting birthday weekend.  It's hard to believe that my little girl is already 3, but it promises to be a fun age.  Her birthday was Sat. and it was the day of the much anticipated princess party with her little girlfriends.  She got up early and after a pancake breakfast she went with Tyler to a friend's yard sale so I could start to set up.  The party was after lunch and four of her friends came and enjoyed cupcakes cones with her.  By the time everyone left, she was too excited to take a nap, so the two of us played for a while and it was great to just enjoy time with her.  We ended the day by going and seeing Tyler's cousin's dance recital, which included more of the girls from town that she knows.  She said it was a fun day.  Here is a fun picture of our 3 yr old and our 3 month old.
Then on Sunday after church, we had a family get-together to celebrate her birthday.  She was most excited to get a water table from Tyler's parents that she had gone weeks before and helped to pick it out.
She got to blow out the candles on a princess cake made to celebrate both our birthdays, since mine was the next day.
Monday was my birthday, but since Tyler had spent most of the weekend celebrating with us and not getting lots of work done, he spent the day inspecting fields and we expected him to come home late.  June is a busy time and I learned years ago that my birthday is not really a reason for a shortened workday.  Plus I would rather him choose Eve's birthday over mine.  So we didn't expect to really celebrate my birthday, but was so pleasantly surprised when my dear friend Brittany invited us to there house and had some homemade ice cream and brownies for me and the girls.  With my family so far away, it was nice to have a close friend to remember and make it special.  And it is always fun to get to share my birthday time with Eve.  Plus I get to remember my birthday when I brought her home from the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment